Website: Visit the website
301 – 75 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5E7
Manager, Shared Value
Telephone: (613) 236-2664 ext. 310
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
SPORT AND PHILANTHROPY PROGRAM
Community sport builds community vitality. Sport plays an important role in our physical, social and economic health. When good sport is used intentionally to work on community priorities the results can transform our communities.
Smart & Caring True Sport is a collaboration between Community Foundations of Canada and the True Sport Foundation that harnesses the power of sport to make our communities stronger, healthier and more resilient places to live, work and play.
Smart & Caring True Sport provides a number of ways for community foundations and sport organizations to work together, using sport as a vehicle to strengthen community.
- Building Knowledge and Relationships: Smart & Caring True Sport brings together community foundations and sport organizations across Canada, sparking new connections and creating opportunities to share community knowledge.
- Investing in Community: Smart & Caring True Sport connects community foundations and donors with local sport organizations, helping to strengthen community investment and involvement in sport. Two opportunities to invest in community include:
- Grantmaking: the True Sport Foundation facilitates connections between sport organizations and donors who want to support community sport and recreation projects.
- Smart & Caring True Sport Matching Funds: a match of up to $20,000 for community foundations to work with engaged donors and use sport for transformative community work.
- Sustaining the Impact: Community foundations and sport organizations can learn from one another – sharing knowledge and resources to improve financial sustainability, establish sport legacy funds and have an even greater impact in the community.
Visit True Sport’s website to learn more about opportunities to get involved and apply to participate in the Smart & Caring True Sport program.